Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Love

There is one thing that most girls dream about from a very young age: Their wedding day. As you get older and closer to it it becomes so much larger in your brain. You think about it more and more seriously. This all comes from one thing though, falling in love.

1 Corinthians 13 is an amazing chapter. All of it, I love it. But, for me, verses 4 through 7 "hit home" the best with The Message translation.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut,

Doesn't have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others,

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always,

Always looks for the best,

Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.


Those last five lines get to me every time: "Puts up with anythings, trusts God always, looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going to the end."

Recently, I have learned a lot about love. What it takes. That it isn't just sunshine and butterflies. It is hard work. It involves frustration and commitment and sacrifice. It can hurt you and make you feel on top of the world. It makes you weak in the knees and headstrong. It changes your life in a second.

If there is anything I want in life, it is a deep love. First, with God. And second with the man that God places in my life, whenever He places him in my life. I want the deep love you can see in people's eyes after years of marriage. The kind of love where you fall in love deeper and deeper everyday, even after being married for 20, 30, 40 years.

Until this love comes for me, I am perfectly happy where God has placed me. I will remain happily single until God gives me the green light for that boy. Whether he be "the one" or just another life-changing relationship. Until that day comes, I will pray everyday that I don't become a bitter, depressed, lonely woman. Although, He does already know that all I want for Christmas....is you.

Song of the Moment: Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath (This song is beautiful. Just beautiful. I have been listening to it for weeks just waiting for it to spark a blog and hear we are today. You should listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nQy-aP_Koo)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: