Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'll Be Home...Someday

Tonight as I sat in the car on the way home from my little sister's Christmas program, watching the country fly past, Michael Buble's I'll Be Home For Christmas came on the radio. It was beautiful but it got me thinking.

They say that home is where the heart is. And so I sat there, watching the snow covered fields fly by, trying to figure out where home was. And more importantly, where my heart is. And the answer that I came up with is this: I really don't have any idea.

I know that God has his hands wrapped tight around my heart, but I'm just not sure where exactly. I'm still not sure where my life is going. As I prepare for one of the loneliest Christmases I have ever celebrated, I feel as if I am still just wandering trying to find the right direction to head in. I am a nomad wandering from place to place looking for somewhere warm to settle.

Someday, I know I will find the home my heart is looking for. Until then I'll be their only in my dreams and trusting God with everything in me. I know that someday I will be able to sing that song from Madeline "Home is where the heart, if your heart is there, it's home."

Song of the Moment: I'll Be Home For Christmas by Michael Buble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t_forzHXzE)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that there are people in your home that love you, care about you, and pray for you (a lot). Lonliness is often a choice. You don't have to be so lonely while you wait for what God has in store for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm with anonymous...unless you are in solitary confinement you have no reason to be lonely. Don't cut yourself off from the people around you who, I'm guessing, want to be in your life but that you maybe keep at arms length for fear of letting them in? Take a chance...they might surprise you.