Thursday, June 20, 2013

All For Love

The other day I was going back into the archives and reading some of my older blog entries.  I got lost in this broken-hearted girl questioning what love really was.  I had a dream of what it would be like.  I had proof of what it shouldn't be.  I didn't know what exactly it was or what it would be like.  

I still don't.  I have come to the conclusion that I won't know what that true love feels like until I've found it.  And I have a feeling that it will be better than anything I could dream up.  Which really excites me. Until this time, I have glimpses of that true love in the people around me. 

I can think of many couples who when I see them, I just know.  You can see the love when they look at each other.  You really can feel it when you're near them.  it's like it eminates.  But most people think I'm crazy for thinking this.  

This week I watched a woman I care a lot about, a woman who was basically my 5th mother in high school, kiss her husband's coffin before it was lowered into the ground.  This is honestly one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed.  This woman has been in my life for 10 years and for all of them she has spoken of her husband with the highest amount of love and respect.  They really were best friends, even after 39 years of marriage.  

If that is what happens when you truly fall in love, I can wait for it.  I want people to look at my husband and I and go "whoa.  They're in love."  I want people to feel it in the room.  Just like I always have with the wonderful couples in my life who I look up to.  I want it to last to the very last day.  

Switchfoot's got it in Yet: "If it doesn't break your heart, it isn't loveNo, if it doesn't break your heart, it's not enough."

Song of the Moment: All For Love by Lady Antebellum (I've come to realize a lot of things in the last 3 and a half years.  I understand clearly now what was so dark to me then.  It was all for love)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. 
1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: