Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Is it Ironic?

Today in chapel we were talking about love and fear.  To say it in one sentence, the whole point was that if you have fear, you cannot fully love.  

We were encouraged to think about what we're afraid of.  What mountain stands in the way of love?  She gave us a moment to reflect.  It shot to my mind immediately.   
Here is the part that is potentially ironic: The thing that I am most afraid of is also one of the things I want most in life.  

I know I've always been afraid of it, I just always thought someone would come and save me from it.  Now I realize that it's up to me.  In order to fully love I must climb the mountain, but I'm fully willing to take the hike as long as you're waiting for me at the top.  

Song of the Moment: Ironic by Alanis Morissete (I actually don't really like this song.  As my English prof says "The ironic thing about Ironic is that none of it is actually ironic.")

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.  

1 Timothy 4:12

No comments: