Sunday, January 16, 2011

Making Plans

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Something has come up in my life, a choice, and I don't know what to choose. If God has placed this into my life, it will have good outcomes. Right? I can see the chance of prospering, hope and a future but I can also see impending harm. I just need to decipher if this is something God wants me to do or if this is something God just wants me to pass by. Not a chapter in my book, but a page. The problem is: I can't figure it out.

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. The Lord works out everything for his own ends - even the wicked for a day of disaster...In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16: 3-4, 9

A part of me wants to give up. Stop thinking so much about it. Stop making my brain hurt. Just stop everything and live my life and hope that God will push me in the right direction. I want to take every burden out of my head put them in God's hands, along with my heart, and have him put them down exactly where they should go. He knows where they belong much better than I do.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

As of this moment, I think I know where my heart is in all of this. Right now I can imagine the outcome of everything, but I wonder, does that mean I am completely wrong? I have had my heart set on so many things in the past and then have God come and change it all. I am basically sitting here waiting for God to change my heart, which is causing all the brain pain. Either my heart is already in the right place or it isn't and I just cannot figure it out.

So, today I am going to say a little prayer. I pray that God will point my heart and my legs and my arms and my mouth and my everything in the right direction. I pray that through this no one gets hurt. I pray that His plans will become clear to me. And I pray that in the end, I will have done everything according to His will. Amen.

Song of the Moment: Awakening by Chris Tomlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljr6lqu2-ec)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Beth, I know exactly how you feel. Everyone always tells you, "just listen to God, and let Him direct your path." This, however, is easier said then done; even though you want and pray wholeheartedly for His guidance, it isn't always easy to decipher. And it often doesn't come within our desired time frame.
I pray that God answers your prayers quickly, and that your heart will be receptive to His voice.