Friday, January 25, 2013

Austen Dreaming

Emma Woodhouse (from Emma by Jane Austen) is a character who finds herself dreaming up scenarios and situations from time to time.  Dreaming of what could happen in the future and what she would do about it. My English professor asked if any one finds themselves doing that sometimes.  

No one answered.  No one said a single word.  

The truth is, I do that all the time.  I don't like it sometimes because I find that I get caught up in these scenarios that aren't real and may never be close to being real.  But I always catch myself doing it anyways.  I guess I'm a dreamer through and through.  

I just thought I would let you know, that when she asked that question...
I looked around the room.

I closed my eyes.  
I looked up
and I thought of you.  

Song of the Moment: The Scientist by Coldplay (You don't know how lovely you are)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.  
1 Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not alone! Keep dreaming, Beth! :)