Friday, May 27, 2011

Promise You Kid

Maybe the reason your single is you focus on not being single instead of discovering YOU.

A friend of mine tweeted that yesterday. When I got it I thought he was actually talking to me, but who really knows. This is something I have been thinking a lot the past few weeks. No. The past few months.

I have found that I have gotten caught up in too many things too fast. I let my mind wander and get distracted and then when I finally open my eyes I have no idea how I let myself get there. Its time for that to stop.

As I said in my last blog: I am going to stop looking for love and just wait. But I'm going to do more than wait. I'm going to learn and I'm going to grow as I have been for quite a while now. But I know I need to grow more before I can be ready for what I want in my future.

In Song of Songs the verse "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" appears three times. It resides in my head all the time. I have learned that you can't force love nor can you find love. Love finds you when God decides the time is right.

So until that time I will not try to arouse or awaken love. I will continue to grow and hopefully someday I will grow near to someone else. Until then I am perfectly okay with waiting for God's impeccable timing.

Song of the Moment: Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble (...or maybe I have. Who knows? *shrug*)

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Open yourself up more and you may be surprised at what happens.